Friday, January 25, 2013

Super easy sugar scrub

 One of the quickest things to make yourself is this vanilla brown sugar body scrub. I made it as part of my  Christmas present baskets this year. I wanted it to have a warm and cozy winter smell so I chose to use brown sugar and vanilla to scent it. You can whip up a batch of this and clean up your kitchen in less than 5 minutes so I figured it was a great recipe to start my blog with. I keep a mason jar on the side of my tub and it leaves my skin feeling luxuriously moisturized. Here is the recipe:
 
 
 
1 cup brown sugar
 
1 cup white sugar
 
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
 
and a few teaspoons vanilla extract
 
Stir all ingredients in a bowl until combine. (If it's too runny just add more sugar. If it's too dry add more oil) Put in a pretty glass jar and you're done. Here is a photo of mine. I chose to put it in a wide mouth jelly jar for my gifts and tied some jute around a piece of brown paper bag to make it match my rustic gift baskets.
 
 
 


And here is a picture of one of my gift baskets since I know you're all just dying to see them!
 
 
 
 
 
What homemade gifts did you give for Christmas this year?
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment