Friday, January 25, 2013

A little taste of Heaven- homemade vanilla coffee creamer

 
Two of my favorite things in life are making things at home and vanilla coffee creamer. So, it only makes sense that I would eventually figure out how to make the worlds best coffee creamer, right? Well I did..and it is heavenly! I couldn't start my day off right without a hot cup of coffee and a morning phone call from my big sister. Okay, so maybe I should have said my 3 favorite things in life because my big sister is pretty high up on the favorites list. Now you know what makes my heart happy- Making things, drinking coffee and my big sister!  In this recipe you can play with the amounts of each ingredient in the recipe and adapt it to your own personal taste but here is what I do:
 
 
2 to 3 cups - Heavy cream -I ladle mine off the top of our raw milk but you could use any cream such as half and half
 
1/4 cup -organic brown sugar -or any alternative sugar you prefer
 
about 1 Tbls-Pure Vanilla Extract -I use my own homemade vanilla extract. I got the recipe from my all time favorite blogger here-
 
 

 
Put the brown sugar in the bottom of a saucepan along with the vanilla. Heat on low until sugar is warm and moist looking. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream. Pour it in a pretty jar and keep it in the refrigerator. 
 
Use within 7-10 days. Unless you're like me...then you can invite over a girlfriend or two and drink coffee all day long, in which case it only last about two days. Good thing it's so easy to whip up another batch! 
 


 
 
 
What is your favorite coffee creamer flavor? Maybe I can come up with a recipe for it!

13 comments:

  1. Everthing looks great. Can't wait for the Vick's post! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can post it tomorrow if you want. I have about a million things I want to post about and don't know what to do first. Keep letting me know what recipes you'd like and I'll be happy to post them! Thanks for reading sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the web site My friend!!! Looks really Professional :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tessie! It's a learning process for sure!

      Delete
  4. georgia, I used to drink the toasted almond coffee cream, but they took it off the market now I have tried a bunch other kinds and they taste like BLAHHHHHHHH. do you think if i take your recipe and add alittle almond extract that would do it. Also what about hazlenut?? I am going to love this blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It would be delicious with almond extract! If this is "my" Gigi I can even make some for you!

      Delete
  5. I'm not a coffee drinker, but most of our family and friends drink lots of coffee! I'll be sure to try your recipe the next time I host a party!

    I do use York Peppermint Patty coffee creamer in my hot chocolate for a warm and cozy treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet Peppermint Patty coffee creamer in hot chocolate would be awesome! I'm going to try that for sure!

      Delete
  6. Mmmm, sounds yummy! Found you on Farm Girl Friday! I would love to have you share this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop today!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see you tomorrow on the next hop!
      http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-4.html

      Delete
  7. What about using EO's for flavor? A drop or two?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this information, I will also try it my home. Coffee creamer really increase the taste of coffee.

    Regard
    Kopi Luwak.

    ReplyDelete