Thursday, January 24, 2013

So I'm going to be a blogger

I feel the need to have a space where I can share all of my homesteading adventures with those of you who'd like to read about them. Everything from learning how to prepare whole food meals for my husband and our three daughters to butchering pigs, inoculating mushrooms spores or sharing my all natural home product recipes that I've tried and loved. We've been on a path towards simple living for the last year and half since we sold our 5,000 square foot house (along with nearly all of our belongings) to create a home life where we are producing more then we are consuming. We bought 3.5 acres of land overlooking the beautiful Susquehanna River in Lancaster County Pa and have been enjoying the simple things in life ever since. I've been so humbled by the things I've learned since taking this leap of faith and so grateful for the friendships I've been lucky enough to have made.

This is my first time ever doing a blog and this is my first post so as you can imagine, I'm typing this particular post as quickly as possible. I promise there is more and better posts to come!!

Thanks for reading,
Georgia

And since I have to practice putting up pictures, I decided  to post one of our first two piglets. This is a picture of Piggly and Wiggly last year helping us to till the new garden. Aww...

 
 





 

4 comments:

  1. Great blog Georgia. I will definately be a follower. You are such a sweet lady and have a wealth of thing to share with others. Looking forward to more posts. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sandra! I'm hoping that people will enjoy reading about our adventures in homesteading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great introduction, Georgia! I promise blogging is very simple and enjoyable - like sitting over coffe and chatting with friends :) I'll definitely be following your blog and fb because all things homesteading are my reason for living! Looking froward to your future posts.
    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just seeing this comment now (because I'm just learning how to have a blog,lol) But thank you so much for the encouragement Annie!

    ReplyDelete