Sunday, February 17, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter

 
I know that my blog post aren't as elaborate as many others. I haven't really learned how to get the action pictures while I'm making stuff. Partly because my hands are too full doing something that I can't use my camera and also because every recipe I post is so ridiculously easy I feel like it would complicate things to try make it look like a bigger deal than it really is. (If I ever skimp too much on the directions I figure people can ask me in the comments).  I like the simplicity of the things I make and therefor my post seem a little boring sometimes.
 
With that being said, here is my homemade peanut butter recipe. Are you ready for it?
 
Step 1: Food process peanuts until they are smooth and creamy. About 5 minutes.
 
Step 2: Put in Jar
 
Step 3: Eat by spoonfuls!
 
 
 
 
Simple, right? You can even use honey roasted peanuts or add any other flavors you like. Maybe cinnamon or vanilla? I love it with the honey roasted peanuts I get at a discount grocery store near me although I'd rather be able to make it with fresher nuts. 
 
If it comes out a bit thin you can store it in the fridge. I keep mine in the cupboard and it has a perfect consistency. I thought the oil was going to raise to the top and that I'd have to stir it every time but for some reason mine stays creamy, yay!
 
My family loves this so much that we are adding a peanuts to our homestead garden this year!

1 comment: